asoiaf au: queen rhaella survives daenerys’ birth and raises her children in the east.
(requested by ourgraciousqueen)
there are too many pictures of mermaids in sexy poses and not enough of them drowning and eating men. whats up with that
CAN THIS BE A THING
Things were perfect at camp for about a month after the Second Giant War. Then, when Apollo’s punishment was decided, all Hades broke loose.
Zeus decided that sending Apollo to Camp Half-Blood for a century or two would be the best idea. And when everyone found out, Everyone found out.
All at once.
Apollo was named Co-Camp Director with Mr. D, and his arrival was, as Apollo put it, “A true blessing for all demigod kind.”
His grand entrance to camp included fireworks (which almost burnt down the Big House), an absurd amount of fog machines (which made a dozen tree nymphs and satyrs black out from the fumes), and one extremely long electric guitar solo.
For the first two weeks, Apollo insisted on singing as loudly as he possibly could as soon as
his chariotthe sun peaked over the horizon (and being a god “as loudly as he could” means somewhere in the fffffffffffffffffffff range [ask a band geek for translation]). He also decided that dinner was the perfect time to recite his poetry. His “legendary mastery of words” consisted mostly of haiku’s like:
Tending over kids,
Big daddy does not trust me.
I make camp cooler.
Cabin 7 was the laughing stock of the camp, but they finally had the courage to confront their father. They were able to get him to tone it down in the morning by telling him that “his singing would break the other demigods’ ears because the sheer awesomeness of his voice was too much for them to handle.” Apollo agreed, apologized for not thinking of the consequences of his awesomeness, congratulated Chiron for training the young heroes strong enough to withstand his “magnificent singing voice” for so long, and decided he would spend the morning to practicing his Valdezinator instead.
After those first two weeks, things started to go back to normal as Apollo started to get bored with camp (though it didn’t keep him from his morning Valdezinator sessions and his dinner poetry).
Will should have known his luck wouldn’t last.
It had been almost 3 days since his dad had done anything majorly embarrassing. He didn’t know how Nico was still dating him (not that he was complaining). Will was certain that Nico would leave him when he realized how
annoyingextreme Apollo could be.
Over the past month their relationship had morphed from friendship, to best-friendship, to dating, to official couple and Will was as happier than cat on catnip~
He and Nico were currently laying side-by-side and hand-in-hand in the shaded part of Half-Blood Hill. Peleus, who was curled around Thalia’s Pine, snored softly above their heads.
At some point one of them (probably Will) turned over and started kissing the other. It had taken a while to get Nico relaxed with some of the physical aspects of dating (specifically kissing), but now that he was comfortable with the idea he was starting to get really good. Almost better than Will.
Their kiss started to get more heated and Will was starting to have a hard time thinking straight. He moved them so that they were facing each other while sitting up and, much to Will’s surprise, Nico moved onto his lap, wrapping his legs around his waist to pull each other closer together. Will was really struggling to focus now. Just as he moved his hands to Nico’s hair a voice called from the hill above, “Atta’ boy Will! Now, go for the neck. You can never go wrong with the neck. You just can’t.”
Nico practically flew off of Will. The two stared in shock at the god standing above them, faces as red as the strawberries in the fields.
"D-dad?" Will finally managed. "Wuh-What’re you doing?”
Apollo frowned, “You two didn’t have to stop. I don’t mind watching. Besides,” he continued, “I get to give you two tips!”
Nico made a strangled sound that Will had to agree with. ”Dad… Can you just… y’know, not do that?” Will was so embarrassed he could’ve died. Not only did someone walk in on him and Nico making out, that person was his teenage-looking, godly father who then tried to give them kissing advice.
Apollo raised an eyebrow, “You don’t want my expert, dating advice?” he shrugged. “Suit yourselves. Oh yeah! I came here to tell you to get the Infirmary ready for a lot of people. The Romans are coming next Friday and we’re going to have Camp VS Camp, Capture the Flag. There’ll probably be a lot of wounded.” He winked at Nico (who made another choking sound), turned, and walked back down the other side of the hill humming what sounded like Katy Perry’s “I Kissed a Girl”.
My first attempt at a fanfiction~!
oh gods that was hilarious good job
I see how it is. Rihanna can wear a shiny, completely transparent dress in public and everyone loves it, but when I did it, I was “wasting saran wrap” and “ruining Easter, Daniel.”
Making yo mamma jokes must be pretty dangerous in camp half blood
they have come so far (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧
ENTP~ Prove themselves with arrogance and arguing
ENTJ~ Hyper critical
ENFP~ Can’t stop smiling more than usual
ENFJ~ They will act like perfection itself before you
ESTJ~ Ultra listener and attentive
ESFP~ Make complete fools of themselves, in a cute…
When I was first starting the whole process of finding applying to colleges, I was blessed enough to attend one of the best charter schools in the country, with several great teachers and a CAP Advisor that put so much time and effort into helping us figure out what we were going to do with our futures. I know not everyone is so lucky to have access to the same sort of people or resources, so here’s a long masterpost of many useful links and lots of great information you can use. If you ever want advice or to talk about college, feel free to message me!
Guides and Articles to Help Decision Making and Overall Process
- For first-generation college students
- For finding colleges and scholarships (A MUST CLICK FOR ALL)
- Questions to ask yourself when deciding your major
- Should you double major?
- Is studying abroad right for you?
For High School Students
- Check out fee waivers for AP testing AND the SATs
- How do things change from high school to the real world?
- 11 college tips they won’t tell you in school
- 9 myths about college life that aren’t necessarily true
- 10 common mistakes made by college freshmen
- 15 tips on conquering your college freshmen fears
For Students in Florida
- MDC is a great+cheap place to start your college education
- Even better if you can apply and study in their Honors College
- Attending MDC? See if you can be an American Dream Scholar
- Check your eligibility for Bright Futures Scholarship
For College Students
- How to pass a college class
- What to do if you failed a class
- 10 college mistakes to avoid
- A student’s guide to surviving college finals
- A guide to surviving living on campus and having roommates
- What is the GED test?
- What is on the test?
- Free online GED prep course
- Sample GED test questions
- Free practice GED test
- Multiple free GED practice exams by 4Tests
- What is the SAT?
- When to take the test
- Register for the SAT (Ask your school for waivers if you can)
- Official SAT Question of the Day
- Official SAT practice questions
- Help donate rice to the hungry by answering practice questions
- 5 sources for free SAT Prep
- ACT Test 101
- Official ACT test prep
- ACT Question of the Day
- ACT practice questions and sample writing prompts
- Free ACT practice exam by 4Tests
- 7 sources for free ACT practice
- 21 strategies to improve your ACT score
- College financial aid terms defined
- What can I use the financial aid office for?
- Common financial aid myths
- Important college financial aid deadlines
- FAFSA deadlines by State
- 10 tips for getting the most out of college financial aid
- Apply for Federal Student Aid (Which you NEVER have to pay for)
- Paying for college with grants
- The ins and outs of scholarships
- Scholarship for women/POC studying to work in video games
- Student Loans 101
- Federal Student Aid - What you need to know about loans
- 8 tips for taking out student loans
- Volunteer for the community and get help paying off your loans
Saving, Managing, and Making Money
- Buying/renting textbooks/learning materials at really cheap prices
- 35 discounts your student ID could get you
- 5 way to relax for under $5
- Managing and saving money in college
- 5 ways to track your college expenses
- 20 different ways to make money in college
- You can travel cheaper as a student
- Youth and student discount cards
- 4 tips for creating the perfect class schedule
- Do research on the professors of the classes you want to take
- Tips for Using the Rate My Professor Website
High-Quality Studying+Productivity Resources (FOR FREE!)
- Free lecture notes, textbooks, exams, and videos from MIT
- Khan Academy - Free for everyone, everywhere, about everything
- Take your notes and flashcards with you everywhere you go
- Help donate rice to the hungry by studying any of these subjects
- 6 free online courses that can improve your life
- 25 apps college students shouldn’t live without
- 10 study tips to improve your learning
- 23 science-backed study tips
- Intense study tips
- Improve your studying skills
- How to get motivated to study
- Google smarter
- Getting even more out of Google
- Project Gutenberg offers over 45,000 free eBooks
Writing Essays + Papers
- The 5 best free word processors
- Writing resources to use use general
- When you’re not sure where to capitalize in a title
- Help in building your works cited
- For when you need even more help making citations
- For when the word you want is on the tip of your tongue
- Use Google Scholar for finding credible sources + info
- Alternatives to the word “said”
- Common errors in English usage
- Common English grammar errors to avoid
- The importance of the oxford comma
Other Helpful Resources
- How To: Become An Adult
- Really long and great masterpost that I use all the time
- Good advice for submitting art school portfolios
- Musical Theatre Auditions Masterpost
- A Self Help Masterpost of Masterposts
- Recovery resources
- Contraceptives Masterpost
- Essential Productivity Apps for any student
- How to keep your laptop in tip-top shape